Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Say what you want thread

Paperback Writer RevForum Administrator Amoeba's Avatar

Default Re: Say what you want thread

Thanks. I'm familiar with the director, though I haven't seen his latest two films yet.

Did you like the Marx film? The IMDB rating isn't very high but other reviews might be better when they come out.
    To be, or not to be, that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer,
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them.

Rightwing left liberalism/Careerism RevForum Administrator Nim Chimpsky's Avatar

It wasn't bad. More miniseries material, from the quantity perspective. But certainly well executed and well acted and it contained a decent balance of tedium (the books) as well as more intimate goings-on of the Marxes and Engelses, if albeit caricatured due to time constraints. The scenes between Jenny and Karl are certainly no Before Sunset or Gone With the Wind, but for me it would make a convincing pilot to a miniseries like The Sopranos.

It was certainly worth the €4,50 I paid to see it.

Rightwing left liberalism/Careerism RevForum Administrator Nim Chimpsky's Avatar

As far as the critics are concerned:

To be, or not to be, that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer,

Chuck Berry died.

Quote Originally Posted by Nim Chimpsky View Post
    Chuck Berry died.

He left plenty for you to suss out though.

http://guitaralliance.com/riff-o-mat...y_b_goode2.pdf

And sussing I have been. The one I've been working on. Has the same construction as Johnny B Goode, only tuned up one and a half semitones (makes it easier to play in open tuning).

And sussing I have been. The one I've been working on. Has the same construction as Johnny B Goode, only tuned up one and a half semitones (makes it easier to play in open tuning).
    There's two semitones between A & G, (9 - 7 => 2, (0 == C)) Also, given different melodies, tempo, & keys, same can only mean equivalence.

Doing math at three AM is not my strong suite. I meant one-and-a-half tones. Using semitones it would be doubled, so 3 semitones.

Doing math at three AM is not my strong suite. I meant one-and-a-half tones. Using semitones it would be doubled, so 3 semitones.
    3 semitones is a minor third. If the song is originally A, are you saying you're using Open C tuning on your guitar?

Quote Originally Posted by ravn View Post
    3 semitones is a minor third. If the song is originally A, are you saying you're using Open C tuning on your guitar?
    You're right. I'm an amateur regarding music but I was speaking of the guitar tuning and not the key of the song. Johnny B Goode is too high a key for me to sing comfortably, so I usually play it in E. I forgot that the original is in A. So the song is written two half steps (one full tone) down from the original, which is better for my voice, but I've actually tuned my guitar up (using a capo on an open E tuning to bring it up to G). I'm trying to get beyond standard tuning, most recently playing some stuff by The Guess Who in open G.

Here is a sample of what I'm talking about:

The Chuck Berry song we've been arguing about (open E, capo on 3rd string): https://soundcloud.com/user-20438036...ar-place-to-go

The first thing I've been working on in open G: https://soundcloud.com/user-20438036...rag-improvised

My first moderately decent take on CCR's (very relevant) song about Vietnam: https://soundcloud.com/user-20438036...-fortunate-son I think this is in open E.

Leon Freeman

Where is Meridian?

Quote Originally Posted by Riou Sora View Post
    Where is Meridian?
    Who knows?

Rosa might have a clue. Maybe send him a PM or email?

The most recent electoral returns on Sunday here in Germany's most populous state don't spell well for the project(s) Post-autistic economics, Real World Economics, "let 1,000 flowers bloom", etc. here as facilitated by the last government. This directly impacts my career chances as it reduces the number of potential professorships open to less orthodox views in economics, but, on a larger scale, it reinforces the domination of the economics discipline by an unfounded model based on incorrect - and often times absurd and contradictory - assumptions. Oh, and Trump is sharing intel with the Russians.

Thread Information